Nov 19, 2013

My first diagram of a circuit board

Last night I have drawn my first diagram of a circuit board.

The era of  electronic devices home repair has long gone. How ever it was extremely fun to practice drawing diagrams and tying to pin point the faulty component, a thing my father used to do frequently during my childhood, spending countless hours to fix  TV sets for friends or relatives.

The board is quite simple, the product is a night light which suddenly stooped working after about two months. That annoyed a lot so I decided to have a look inside.


I found out that the diode D3 on the schematic above was faulty. It's about a zener diode 1N473A which I have replaced with an equivalent bought with 0.1 euro from a local shop.

Even if it was  working somehow after I have removed the faulty diode, it's now working beyond the doubt when replacing it with a new one.
Feeling proud.

Many thanks to my father for the electronic lessons I didn't pay attention during my youth and for patiently reminding me now things I have once learned and soon forgotten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment